At UF Health ORTHOcare, patients can take advantage of fast, convenient after hours orthopaedics care for injuries and accidents, seven days a week, including evenings! Our fellowship-trained musculoskeletal physicians at the UF Health Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Institute (OSMI) provide expert care for all bone and joint issues, including sprains, strains, and minor fractures.
Our state-of-the-art facility is home to several specialty clinics that provide patients with the full spectrum of orthopaedic medical care, rehabilitation and radiological services, all in one convenient location. Our physicians are faculty members at UF, expertly trained and certified in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine to provide patients with a full spectrum of Orthopaedic services.
Conditions Not Treatable in our Walk-In ORTHOcare**
For the following, please visit a specialist in that condition or, if urgent, go to the Emergency Room:
- Thoracic/rib injuries
- Craniofacial injuries
- Displaced fractures and dislocations
- Lacerations requiring sutures
- Neck or back pain
- Chronic pain/pain management
- Patients less than 2 years old
- Workers’ comp injuries
The following insurance plans are NOT accepted during the weekend and after-hours portion of ORTHOcare* (5 - 9 p.m.):
- United Healthcare Medicaid
- Workers Compensation
- Medicare Humana HMO
* ORTHOcare appointments are billed as specialty office visits. Patients must bring physician referrals and/or prior authorizations as deemed necessary by the insurance company to their walk-in visit.
** Patients previously evaluated and treated at an urgent care or emergency room are not considered walk-in eligible and need to call to schedule a follow-up appointment with an orthopaedist.
Join Our Team
- Advanced Practice ProvidersAdvanced Practice Provider (APP) for Orthopaedic After Hours Walk-In Clinic (Full-Time)
University of Florida Health with Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner/PA) for afternoon, evening and/or weekend Orthopaedic Walk-In Patient care. This is a full-time position with shift coverage available during the following times: Monday-Friday, 1PM-9PM; Sat 10AM-2PM or Sunday 5-9PM.