The OSMI is a twenty-five million dollar modern structure dedicated to the advancement of complete musculoskeletal clinical care. The spacious 127,000 square foot Institute encourages collaborative science and treatment for a full range of musculoskeletal conditions.
|Healing and Rehabilitation Centers|
Established to consolidate patient-oriented research and clinical services, the Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Institute provides a dynamic climate for orthopaedic medical care. The spacious 127,000 square foot Institute encourages collaborative science and treatment for a full range of musculoskeletal conditions.
As part of the University of Florida’s commitment to progress in the field of orthopaedic research, the new UF Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Institute features state-of-the-art resources and technology:
Clinical Services Core
- Features 48 orthopaedic patient rooms divided in four quads, totaling 40,000 square feet.
Hand Therapy and Upper Extremity Center
- Offers comprehensive and personalized rehabilitation from nationally published and awarded therapists using advance Biometrics computerized evaluations and exercise systems at individual treatment stations.
- Learn more about the Hand Therapy and Upper Extremity Rehab Center.
Motion Analysis & Human Performance Labs
- Featuring a 3D motion capture system using the same advanced technology as leading video game develepors and major animation studios; provides for the evaluation of musculoskeletal performance of patients and athletes.
- Learn more about the Motion Analysis & Human Performance Labs.
Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Center
- Brings together a hydrotherapy pool with underwater treadmill, Quantum strength equipment and Biodex testing equipment for orthopaedics and sports physical therapy, in a 6,000 square foot gym.
- Learn more about the Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Center.
Psychomotor and Surgical Skills Laboratory
- Ideal site for presentations and hands-on learning experiences for a variety of disciplines
- Available for use by procedural and surgically oriented physicians, medical professionals in training, scientists, and industry professionals
- Learn more about the Psychomotor and Surgical Skills Laboratory.
- Provides advance MRI, CT Scan, fluoroscopy and digital radiography located on site.
Trauma and Residents Center
- A dedicated center adjacent to the SHANDS at UF Hospital operating room facilities.
- The Orthopaedic Trauma Service, residency lockers, and work center are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
UF Sports Performance Center
- A state-of-the-art health assessment and personal performance improvement service
- Open to the community
- Incorporates the latest research and clinical knowledge in sports medicine, wellness, performance assessment and training, injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Customized services are developed for each participant
- Learn more about the UF Sports Performance Center.
The recently renovated Enneking-Anspach Research Center for Oncology, the Comparative Orthopaedics Biomechanics Lab and the Gene Therapy Lab remain integrated with the Health Science Center in the heart of the UF Medical Science Complex, a short distance from Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Institute.
Each of these facilities affords our clinicians and researchers with the necessary tools and infrastructure to solve challenging scientific problems, stimulate discovery and advance patient care.