UF Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine faculty, fellows, and residents attended the Florida Orthopaedic Society (FOS) Annual Scientific Meeting. The FOS was founded in an effort to raise the standards of orthopaedic practices by providing ongoing education, networking, recognition, and certification.
UF Ortho contributed the following:
- Dr. Kevin Farmer, outgoing FOS President, gave the presidential address and participated in the sports medicine panel discussion.
- Dr. Justin Deen moderated the OrthoBowl.
- Dr. Stephanie Ihnow moderated the pediatric orthopaedic session.
- Dr. Matthew Patrick moderated the trauma session.
- Dr. Nigel Price presented a talk outlining pediatric spine updates.
- Dr. Ryan Roach moderated the sports medicine session.
- Resident Dr. Lacie Turnbull was elected to the inaugural Resident Leadership Council and attended her first FOS Board meeting.
- Resident Dr. Jaqi Kakalecik won 1st place in the resident research paper competition.
- Resident Dr. David Hagan won 3rd place in the resident research paper competition.
- Resident Dr. Dennis Chen won an award for his fellowship research.
- Fellow Dr. Daniel O'Keefe presented a scientific poster.
- UF Ortho took 3rd place in the Annual OrthoBowl.